BUSINESS NAVIGATOR WESTERN DOWNS
The Business Navigator Western Downs Program (BNWD) reserves the right to utilize information provided for the purposes of marketing in line with industry best practice.
For BNWD invitation events, such as, but not restricted to, the Business Navigator’s Pitch Challenge, you (or members of your team or business) may be photographed and/or filmed and the events’ participants, outcomes, bio and business/applicant summary information publicised.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION AND OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR DOING SO
We process your personal data because it is necessary for our, or a third party’s, legitimate interests. This will always be weighed against your rights, interests and expectations. In this respect, we may use your personal data for the following:
- to process your application, select individuals/teams to participate in our events and to judge competition winners;
- to provide information, products, offers and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about our events and initiatives that are similar to those that you have already participated in, enquired about or are relevant to your participation in our programs and events, including: training opportunities, follow-up events and alumni events (unless it is required or appropriate to gain your consent);
- to seek your feedback on our events and initiatives and your experience of them;
- to use your name, image (as captured on photo and in video or other) and Business Navigator’s Pitch Challenge information to promote our events and initiative, including on social media;
- to make available your name, name of your business, contact details (including social media details), to contact you using the contact details you have provided about your application or your involvement with an event;
- to perform internal research and statistical analysis;
- to notify you about changes to our events and initiatives;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- to administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service (such as voting), when you choose to do so; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
We also process your personal information where we have your specific consent to do so (for example, where we have sought and obtained your consent to send you direct marketing by email). If you have given your consent and you wish to withdraw it, please contact us using the contact details set out here: https://www.navigatorwesterndowns.com.au/contact-us/.
Please note that where our processing of your personal data relies on your consent and where you then withdraw that consent, we may not be able to provide all or some aspects of our services to you and/or it may affect the provision of our services. In respect to the Business Navigator’s Pitch Challenge competition(s), withdrawing your consent will render you and your application ineligible at any stage of the competition process without recourse or justification.
We also process your Personal Data for our compliance with our legal obligations. In this respect, we may use your Personal Data for the following:
- to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, such as our tax reporting requirements and to exercise the data protection rights of others; and
- to assist with investigations (including criminal investigations) carried out by competent authorities.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- staff at the Business Navigator Western Downs office in the administration of our initiatives and activities;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
- selectors, judges, mentors, organisers and partners who need to see your Pitch Information for the purposes of selecting or judging an event, vote or competition or other;
- other competition entrants or potential business contacts at official events for networking purposes;
- where you have been registered by us for Learning Management System for online training and are entered into an event or competition subject to a public vote, we will publish your name and Pitch Information on our website;
- where you attend an event, we will make available your information on our website, including your name, name of business, contact details and Business Navigator’s Pitch Challenge information. Visitors to our website (which is available to the public) will be able to view details such as your name and details of an event you attended or participated in; we will post photos, videos and updates from our events on our social media pages including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Weibo, WeChat, WhatsApp and LinkedIn;
- companies, organisations and competent authorities for the purposes of fraud protection, the detection and prevention of crime or to protect our rights, property, or safety or those of any third party; and
- to fulfil BNWD’s mandatory reporting requirements to our program sponsors and their third party providers.
If you opt to use a social media plug-in, for example to interact with us on Facebook or Twitter via the website, please be aware you will be potentially sharing your information with a third party over whom we have no control. Please consult their respective privacy policies before using third party services. BNWD accepts no responsibility for third party providers.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We store part of your information via a customer relations management system in cloud-based data storage provided outside the European Economic Area (EEA), in the United States of America. The companies we use to provide storage have signed up to Privacy Shield which has been confirmed as an appropriate gateway for international transfers under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We shall ensure that we only use companies that comply with relevant laws and respect your rights and freedoms as a data subject.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for our legitimate business purposes after the termination of our relationship with you. For example, we may retain data to check whether you have previously submitted an application for an event or to keep you informed about future events that you may be interested in.